Sunday, September 03, 2006

Quick Singapore Sling


I have no idea how long it's been since I first left home. 4 hour flight to Vancouver, 11.5 hour flight to Seoul, 6 hour flight to Singapore, and now I'm here at an internet terminal after having taken a taxi to downtown Singapore for some soup by the water. I feel kind of crazy, like, sleep-deprived crazy, and a little nauseous, too. At least Singapore Airlines is REALLY into entertainment. I watched "Kramer vs Kramer" and a Korean film called "The King and The Clown" (tres exciting in that Korean, melodramatic kind of way). Had two ice cream cones. Watched The Simpsons.

When they handed out the customs immigration forms before we landed here, Anne remarked on the red, bold lettered message "DEATH TO DRUG TRAFFICKERS." It's a little unsettling when a country's customs form mentions the death sentence. However, when I got up to the counter, the nice lady barely looked at me and just asked, "Candy?" because she caught me staring at the bowl of candy on her desk. "Yes!" I said. I took a mango chew.

I'm really looking forward to arriving in Jakarta. I think I'll be a bit kookoo jetlagged but I'm looking forward to walking around and hearing some of that famous Jakarta city-noise. Being on a plane for this long isn't fun!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home