Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Bonne Fete A Moi


Today I'm 30. I will spend the day hurtling above the Atlantic, heading for a month-long sojourn in Paris.

I decided last minute that I wanted to see all my friends. They brought a cake to Sweaty Betty's and sang me Happy Birthday, which I both love and hate. Once someone mentioned how funereal Happy Birthday sounds and I never forgot it...it's true!

I had that cake for breakfast this morning because IT'S. MY. BIRTHDAY.

I've been meaning to write about my trip to Brazil and some recent Nature Time (more on that later) but July was so hectic, I didn't get a word in edgewise. With myself. That's a little sad. It'll all be different in Paris where I have one friend and he leaves the day I get there (I'm staying in his place). Lots of time to write!

In parting, here are a few phrases that Philippe gleaned from his time with Puppetmastaz (they're doing Rock en Seine!):

"la teuf" - the party
"c't'un truc de ouf" - that's wicked
"kiffer" - to like/love

Plus a couple of synonyms that Chris in Paris has given me for the word "drunk":
"soul(e)/saoul(e)" [pronounced "sooool"]
"bourre(e)"
"torche(e)"

I feel like I'm in class already! See you on the other side of reality.

1 Comments:

Blogger velouria said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, HANNAH!!!

It's great to be 30.

I love torche...great term. Use it & love it!

4:57 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home