Saturday, September 30, 2006

Home for Nuit Blanche

Home now! It's amazing how your body will adjust to warmth so readily but no matter how Canadian you are, still recoil when it's cold. I feel like yelling Gwen Stefani: "Back it up! Back it up!" I missed the whole transition and now it is just plain freezing.

My first walk after getting in (and hibernating for more than 48 hours) was down Queen Street. The pavement is so flat and clean and even! The act of walking here is entirely different. What, no potholes, crazy traffic? Where are the farm animals? Boring!

Anyway, I have never been so happy to see my friends and family. I wasn't away for very long but the experiences were so rich - the kind that just make your world become really simple again. "Yes, I like that. No, I don't do that. This is what I want to do in the future. I love and miss these people." You know?

It's funny that when your life becomes too small, the little anxieties just get bigger. And when the scope of your life opens up like an iris, things snap to focus better. Well, anyway, speaking of focus, I did try and take a few personal photos in between all the shooting. I will try to put some up here.

xo,
H

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home