Friday, November 21, 2008

I Often Literally Run Down The Street Which Makes People Stare

The last few days have been a blur of running around but some highlights are:

Dinner at Yerba Buena with Karina. So fun. Sent me home too tipsy.

Lunch with Sofia at Noho Star. Amazing to catch up with grown-up Sofia in the City.

Dinner with my aunt and cousin at the most delicious Korean BBQ by Herald Square. I haven't seen them in so many years that if I walked by my cousin on the street I wouldn't recognize her. Their family grew up in Brazil but they've all sinced moved here to NY. My aunt looks so much like my mom and grandma. She used to watch me lip-synch to Madonna in the basement and taught me to paint my fingernails. It was so nice to see them!

Ooh, I also got a tour of the New York Times building from my new friend Chuck. It's a very "green" building which means they have a unique elevator system that confused me so much. I got into a packed elevator, strained to see the buttons for the floors, didn't see anything anywhere and had to declare to everyone in there, "Am I crazy?" A nice man took me off at the 3rd floor and explained their system and said, "No." I'm not crazy. The buttons for the floors are on the outside and a computerized system tells you which elevator to take. It clusters people into groups getting off at the same floors and therefore saves energy. Pretty cool. Even at the line-up at the cafeteria there is information posted on bread and where it comes from, et cetera. That building is smart all over.

That's all for now as I have to run around again but so excited for Catherine and Katie to get here tonight. This weekend - my girls want to party all the time?

xoxo,
H

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home