Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Late Night Reds

I've been having some expensive meals. I need to cool it for a sec but here's the thing - it is exceedingly easy to meet interesting and fun people here. So I just wanna keep going. It's exactly what I was anticipating and hoping for. Random encounters lead to good, inspired conversation with strangers which can lead to more random encounters and f-u-n.

In the last 48 hours, I have met (silent counting on my fingers)...10 interesting strangers. I'm not even counting the uninteresting strangers. That's like, an average of one stranger per 3.2 hours, not counting the hours I sleep. Considering my previous misanthropic tendencies, especially in hibernation mode, this is smashing all records. Maybe it's the warm weather?

L.A. I'm having fun again. Is this bubble going to burst?

Here's a quick rundown of what I've done in the past 48: dinner at Ammo, lunch at The Ivy (yes, plenty of paps), some mentor-type conversations (with fellow Canadians in the biz), strolling Robertson, party at Cinespace, running late night red lights with The Europeans (we're ok, don't worry) (The Europeans are 2 of the aforementioned 10 strangers), went to Hammer Museum for premiere of Bjork video (replete with 3D glasses!), watched The Hills for the first time (I joined Jasmin - I guess there's always a first for everything). I can't wait for tomorrow. No plans in particular - it's just that I can't wait. Good night!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home